All benefits, no drawbacks
Even if your employees work from home, it is important that they keep moving. By maintaining a healthy balance between exercise, sitting and standing, they are opting to lead a healthy lifestyle. Exercise is all about the benefits:
- It reduces the risk of ‘locomotor’ symptoms such as neck, back and shoulder pain.
- It reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It reduces the risk of obesity and diabetes.
- They increase their concentration.
- They are less likely to be stressed.
When do your employees exercise sufficiently?
Moving sufficiently at home is important, but how much should your employees do so? Here are our recommendations:
- Ensure there is sufficient variation between sitting and moving. For example, do not sit for more than 30 minutes at a time.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Do sport for 20 minutes at least 3 times.
Tips and tricks for moving more during teleworking
At home (perhaps even more so than in the office), your employees have the freedom and comfort to change their posture regularly.
Here are some tips on how to get more exercise at home:
- Use a mobile phone during a 1-to-1 meeting and walk around.
- Stretch regularly during the working day at home.
- Follow online meetings standing up by placing your laptop somewhere
- Stand up regularly to go to the toilet, get a glass of water, etc.
- Stretch regularly.
- Plan systematic times for exercise, possibly via specific software or your smartphone.
Let your employees work together , because they will feel better during the day at work. There is a lot of evidence available which proves this. (Website only available in Dutch) Need more tips?
How does IDEWE help your employees?
Do your employees want to move more? Great, we're here to help. Our offer includes:
In this workshop, your employees will be initiated into various fitness parameters and the importance of movement. They perform simple exercises relating to the parameters of strength, speed, endurance, flexibility and coordination.
Workshop "Do you sit all day? "
During this workshop, we look at the pitfalls of sitting for long periods as well as how your employees can break up the periods where they are sitting.
Do your employees suffer from a stiff neck or feel a little stiff when standing up? Do they always adopt the same position at their PC? The stretch coach gives them some exercises to make them more flexible again. The stretch coach coaches them to adopt a lifestyle with more movement at their workplace, during meetings , etc.
No steps no glory
Compete to record more steps against other companies or internally. Every employee who takes part tries to walk 10,000 steps or more per day. Coach Bruce motivates them to do this. The Fit4Work coach can run this project at your organisation.